Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Minute-Clinics Rock

For the most part, American Medicine is a fucking joke.

This morning, after returning from a trip to visit my cousin in Columbus, I woke up to feel a distinct soreness in the back of my throat. Just by cooincidance, I'd just had to leave his place due to him having strep throat and not feeling well enough to entertain guests. So - three guesses as to what I condition I may have had. 

So, I realize at this point:

"Ok, great. I need an antibiotic. This means I'm going to have to schedule a doctor's appointment, go to the doctor, do a bunch of unnecessary tests like a urinalysis and blood test, then listen to how oveweight I am and how I should attend his overpriced therapy session regarding weight loss that I've never ever heard before."

Oh, and by the way, this will all be mine for the low, low price of around $300 for the visit, lab work, and prescription. 

Instead, I went into a CVS Minute-Clinic and was seated instantly. The nurse did the test right in front of my face and it took five minutes. The prescription was ready for me before I left her office - and they took my insurance. 

If you're don't use a minute-clinic, you're retarded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment